Monday 28 December 2015

Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes 2 Review

Hi my lovelies, for my first ever post on my new blog today I will be reviewing the Makeup Revolution Essential Mattes 2 palette. I am sure many of you will be familiar with the extremely popular brand that is Makeup Revolution, they have a range of amazing products for incredibly affordable prices, and are a brand who are appealing to both those just starting out in make up and those of us who already have large collections.

The MUR Essential Mattes 2 palette consists of 12 matte shades, ranging from pale barely-there nudes to dark browns and greys. This palette is very versatile as you can create both daytime appropriate looks, as well as smoky, dark, blown out ones, This is what it looks like:


As you can see there is a nice range of nudes, with one more colourful mauve shade.

In terms of quality, the eyeshadows are excellent quality for the price, as these eyeshadow palettes are only £4. The shadows are buttery and smooth to the touch, however they do produce a considerable amount of fallout and perform a LOT better over a base such as a primer or a mac paint pot. The darker shades have considerably better pigmentation than the lighter ones, the shadows are also very blendable which is a big bonus.


 
 As you can see in the above swatches the first three shades are very similar, they are also very close to my skin colour and do not show up on my lids very well, however they are great for setting your primer or to be used as a base for other shadows to be layered on top of them. This palette reminds me quite a lot of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palettes and I would say a couple of the shades are probably dupes for ones from Urban Decay.
 
The shadows last quite well on my lids with a primer, usually about 6-8 hours before they start to fade. Overall I would say this palette is fantastic quality for the price.
 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this pallet for it's Smokey eye! however I do agree with yo about the pigmentation of the lighter shades! It's a great pallet just needs a little improvement!

    ReplyDelete